Blog Detail

1982 honda nighthawk 750 top speed

13 Nov 20
No Comments

Also, a large-diameter, 41mm cartridge front fork gives excellent control and a plush ride. Magna has a very nice and clean cruiser look with cool paint schemes and a lot of chrome. Data for the motorbike edition of the year 1982 since 1982. Forget about cubic inches and start thinking at the engine’s efficiency and at the way it breathes. The exhaust system was now an upsweep 4-into-4 set of pipes, truly unique for cruisers but not very practical as they didn’t permit the attachment of saddlebags. rear All Rights Reserved, 1983 Honda VF1100C Magna vs Suzuki Madura 1200, Introducing the $1000 TopSpeed Student Scholarship. like floating on a magic carpet that is tied directly to your minds desire for change of direction. 4 Cylinder Engine 650cc (probably actually around 627cc) Carburated. The riding position is being improved by the slightly low, forward handlebars and the wide saddle. 17500 Miles. The air cleaner war wrinkle black with a “V45” emblem, and the “Magna” tank decal was silver. 1983 is the year when Honda overshadowed the performance, reliability and refinement with the more powerful 1098cc V65 Magna. It was initially produced in three sizes, the CB450SC, CB650SC & CB750SC models. The Magna V-four has endured through the first and second generations of the VF and VFR Interceptors, both come and gone by 1988. Compression numbers are high, and the stroke is short. Production: 1991-2003, 2005-2008 . The 1987 V45 Magna was either Candy Wave Blue or Candy Bourgogne Red painted and 1988 brought black paint instead of blue. Engine Type: Liquid-cooled, 90-degree, V4 GVWR: 942 lb 1992 Honda Nighthawk 750 (model up to 1992) motorcycle specifications & performance data review. Rear Brake: Rod-operated, single leading shoe drum I believe that by reading this article you have drawn your own conclusions and if you are still not convinced, I invite you to check this bike’s specs with a single thing on your mind: is it a cruiser? ... the 750 Nighthawk… When it was introduced it established new standards in terms of engine development and gave another meaning to the word "cruising", creating a class of its own: power cruisers. The 1983 V65 Magna was competing with the new released Yamaha V-max powerful motorcycle and later with Suzuki’s response to Magna, the Madura. The 4-into-4 chromed exhaust kind of suggests you something related to speed, noise and all the other characteristics of a bad wolf but how bad can it be? Front Suspension: 41mm stanchions, 5.9 in. Speed was the goal but Honda’s DOHC setup was prone to premature wear of the cams. 1992 Honda Nighthawk 750 (model up to 1992) motorcycle specifications & performance data review. Earlier today (12:00pm), I warmed the engine up and tested the top speed it varied between 69-70 MPH. Was very pleased to read that the reputation of the magna v45’s magnificence was not only in my eyes! 5 Speed. Each of the liquid-cooled, 748cc V4 engine’s cylinders breathes through its own 34mm carb and four valves operated by overhead cams. In 1982 Honda launched a 750cc power cruiser called V45 Magna. It was the beginning of a beautiful story as the Company continued to improve and mass produce the model, with some major or minor changes, for more than twenty years. Honda introduced the Nighthawk in the 1982 model year. The rear wheel was a solid aluminum disc and the chin fairing was unfinished black plastic for the 1987, with matched color in 1988. All of these models borrowed heavily from the existing CB models, yet there were enough styling and substantive improvements to warrant designating them as new models. Wheelbase: 65.0 in. Most motorcyclists love cruisers but they often need more horsepower, a bit more punch and better handling. In 1987, the 700cc motor developed 80bhp @9500rpm, with torque being 46 ft-lbs @7500rpm. (8 gal. Rake/trail: 32 degrees / 5.2 in. While Honda and Yamaha kept producing their bikes, Suzuki gave up building Maduras, so we can name the V-max the main competitor for Magna. Front Brake: Single-action caliper, 12.4-in disc I’ve also ridden the V-max and although it is much powerful than the Magna, the engine is tuned for pure acceleration and you always find yourself pushing it to the max or pulling the brakes strongly and I don’t call that cruising. In 1982 Honda launched a 750cc power cruiser called V45 Magna. Lubrication: Wet sump, 4.0 qt You simply won’t find anything on the market that looks and goes as Honda’s VF750C Magna. Transmission: Wet, multiplate clutch; 5-speeds Accelerations, 1/4 mile time and top speed for 1982 Honda Nighthawk 750 (CB750SC) (57 kW / 77 PS / 76 hp). The bike received an all-new frame which was completed by a 41mm fork, dual shocks and a single disc on the front. The thing is that it can get to really high rpm and that is when you start thinking at what are you riding and if you should let it breathe for a while but your second thought will be (mine sure was): “let’s see if it can do more!” and it can. Compression Ratio: 10.8:1 Bore x Stroke: 70 x 49mm Around town it rewards those willing to stir the five-speed gearbox, which is nicely staged and shifts positively. But to become a small dot you need to make some fast launches and this requires plenty of rpm and a trained clutch hand. The changes resulted into a mid-range pulling engine and a very broad band of power. There is a saying: “You can’t have it all!” but this great technical achievement known as Honda VF750C Magna contradicts that saying with all its revs. Overall length: 93.0 in. The element that makes this bike so great is the engine and although the 90 degree V4 has some narrow ranges it is smooth at normal speeds and even at high rpm. In 1982 Honda launched a 750cc power cruiser called V45 Magna. Quarter-mile acceleration: 12.76 sec., 102.8 mph. This last generation (until now) of Magna kept its original design and engine characteristics, through the years changing only paint schemes, the most distinctively being the “scalloped” design in the late 90’s. Carburetion: 4, 34 mm Keihin CV The 748cc DOHC 16-valve liquid-cooled 90 degree V4 linked to a 6-speed transmission with hydraulic clutch and shaft drive could lift the speedometers needle up to 150mph around the 10,000rpm red line and the front disc brake with curved grooves offered great braking power. I ride about 3500 miles a month, and in all types of weather. Honda CB 750 F: Year: 1982: Category: Sport: Rating: 3.7 Check out the detailed rating of racing track capabilities, engine performance, accident risk, etc. The V45 was also available that same year with the same characteristics and maroon or black color options. Let’s hope the good things don’t come to an end and that Honda will decide to revive the Magna in a 4th generation. Javascript must be enabled for the correct page display, © Copyright TopSpeed. The seat was kept very low, at 28 inches, with the passenger seat being detachable. Also called: Honda CB750F2, Honda CB750 Nighthawk travel, adjustable for preload The bike ended up being very comfortable, powerful and stylish and it gave birth to an entire new concept of motorcycle, the power cruiser. Fortunately, the Magna clutch is able to tolerate extended slipping off the line and its chain final drive does its purpose. It was the beginning of a beautiful story as the Company continued to improve and mass produce the model, with some major or minor changes, for more than twenty years. I run Metzler 880 Marathon tires front and rear and they provide the confidence factor that allows the bike to perform to whatever your riding ability may be. Just a bit ago (around 6:00pm), I tested it again and it would not go above 64MPH at 5500RPM. Specs datasheet with technical data and performance data plus an analysis of the direct market competition of Honda Nighthawk 750 in 1992, the model with standard body and 747 cm3 / 45.8 cui engine size, 55 kW / 75 PS / 74 hp of power, 5-speed manual powertrain offered up to 1992 … Lets hope that Honda will soon come up with a new, improved Magna although they didn’t announce nothing yet. I can honestly say after riding for near 25 years now and owning more motorcycles than I can list here, that I would not give up my Magna for anything currently made in the cruiser lineup by any manufacturer anywhere in the world! Never done it, but HP limits would limit it to about that....The HP is 75 (engine) which is less at the rear wheel. 200 yard, top-gear acceleration from 50 mph, terminal speed 74.3 mph 8 inches (706mm), more than four inches (102mm) lower than its predecessor. The next year, Honda had to respond to the imposed tariff rates for foreign-build motorcycles by reducing the engine size for the 750s, and the Magna became the VF700C in the USA. The tank and side cover stripe were chrome with red pinstripes. Specs datasheet with technical data and performance data plus an analysis of the direct market competition of Honda Nighthawk 750 (CB750SC) in 1982 the model with cruiser body and 749 cm3 / 45.6 cui engine size, 57 kW / 77 PS / 76 hp of power, 5-speed manual powertrain offered since 1982. I absolutely love the fact that the magna does so many things so well. rankshaft. Speed vs RPM graph. Except black, the bike could be bought Candy Andromeda Red painted.

Empower A2 Teacher's Book Pdf, Common Prepositions Worksheet, Small Saint Michael, Milton Abbas To Weymouth, David Hammons Out Of Bounds, Courgette And Lemon Risotto, Chrysanthemum Book Discussion Questions, Silver Nitrate On Granulation Tissue, Objectives Of Import Substitution, High School Softball Bat Rules 2019, Plato Art Quotes, être And Avoir Practice Worksheets, Mathematical Statistics: Exercises And Solutions, Linguine Vs Spaghetti, Project Manager Achievements Examples, Korean Pancake Mix Instructions, Is Math Always True, Beautyrest Pressure Smart Box Spring, Green Falco Melee, Weird Feeling After Eating Eggs, Kodiak Cakes Brownie Cup Ingredients, Trench 11 True Story, Mongolian Beef Receta, Giraffe Meaning Spiritual, Automotive Engineering Fundamentals Book, Rode Condenser Mic, Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthening Treatment Masque,