Blog Detail

psalm 27:13 commentary

13 Nov 20
No Comments

If we would gain the knowledge spoken of (2 Peter 3:18), we must observe the condition (Colossians 3:16). We are but obeying the Divine voice within and without us when we seek for refuge and an escape from all evil in God. The courage to present a perfectly passive face when conversation is becoming unfair; the courage to withhold applause when applause would simply add fury to an unclean fire. If you do not want that we track your visit to our site you can disable tracking in your browser here: We also use different external services like Google Webfonts, Google Maps, and external Video providers. Wait, therefore.” (Trapp), (c) 2020 The Enduring Word Bible Commentary by David Guzik – ewm@enduringword.com. (John 8:12.) I. God was hiding from him. For false witnesses are risen up against me. He was God's servant; God had been his Help. In some hearts the feelings lurk like carrion vultures; in others they sing and soar like the lark. Be it ours to wait upon our God continually! We shall derive all the blessedness which faith can derive from the many delightful encouragements held forth in this precious Psalm, if we keep up an unceasing dependence upon our glorious Redeemer, and approach to plead, for every blessing here sought for, from our sole interest in him. Jehovah's self-revelation, and faith's response thereto. 1. Name. strong. have rightly, ἠσθένησαν καὶ ἔπεσαν. "My heart said," etc. "Commentary on Psalms 27:14". You bring him a gospel when you tell him how to get there, how means may be found even for him, however impoverished he may be. As a child waits upon its parent. https:https://www.studylight.org/commentaries/jtc/psalms-27.html. He is rather to be regarded as a very lucky man, who, by a most fortunate chance, has entered into a golden heritage, which less lucky men have been denied. How wonderful have been God’s deliverances of His people. God himself had led the way in inviting souls to seek him. "Barnes' Notes on the Whole Bible". v3   If an army uses Our hearts are so made they can rest only in God; God's heart is such that he seeks a rest in us. 1. Whom shall I fear? Ephesians 5:19). (see Psalms 118:6). Psalm 27:13. 3. The water lies far below the surface; and to the men of the world, the mere professor of religion who has the name but not the faith of a Christian, we may say, as the woman said to our Lord, “Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep.” Faith is, as it were, the rope, and our souls the vessel which we let down into this well to fill them with living water. I will look for your face, LORD. The good Master would not cast the servant away in anger. A most emphatic introduction of the new topic! With others it is a convenience, the result of education, a matter of prudence and self-interest, something necessary to respectability and comfort in the world. The farmer sows in faith that the harvest season will come, he waits and works for it. 1871-8. Why was God not good to him now? (H. Black, M. Psalm 27:13 in the Parallel Bible; Psalm 27:13 in the Thematic Bible; Psalm 27:13 Cross References; Psalm 27:13 Treasury of Scripture Knowing; Psalm 27:13 Prayers; Psalm 27:13 Images; Psalm 27:13 Devotionals; Choose Chapter Subscribe to the Verse of the day. It will be when you need, because perhaps just then, when you kneel, you may not need. Isaiah 40:31. In most instances, probably, God sends the feeling as a chastisement, that the heart may turn with more sincerity to him. BibliographyHengstenberg, Ernst. Check to enable permanent hiding of message bar and refuse all cookies if you do not opt in. The one has to encourage himself in his own brain-power or his “pluck,” but the other may encourage himself in the Lord his God. Will the Lord, who says to the passion, Be still; and who says to the lust, Die out; and who says to the envy, Evaporate, have nothing to say to a timid and cowardly will? The miner must dig for the precious ore; the fisherman launch out into the deep, and let down his nets for a draught; the husbandman must plough and sow and have long patience, if he is to reap. I. an humble waiting. I think nothing shows out more radiantly and more conspicuously the valour of the Apostle Paul than that experience which he describes for us in the Epistle to the Galatians, where he tells us that when he encountered Simon Peter who was destined to be a pillar of the Church, a living light in the metropolitan church, and who had gone down to Antioch, and who had played and trifled with the truth, who had worn one coat one day and another on another day, “I withstood him to the face.” A thing like that is not to be received in silence. These stars shine brightest in dark winter nights. Why should we commend him if men have no power over their own hearts? The pupils of the old philosophers were wont to walk in the groves of Academia till the wise men were ready to come and speak with them; and when any one of the wise men began to speak, the young disciples quietly followed his steps, eagerly catching up every precious sentence which he might utter. Such views can be upheld neither from Scripture nor from common sense. "The LORD is my hiding He gives not only outward strength, but also that which is inward: He not only gives deliverance to those who trust in Him, but He also works trust in Him. The Psalmist, after having exhorted himself to be strong, directs attention to Him who alone can give the strength to comply with this exhortation. the necessity of it. And why, in the midst of these discoveries, have so many keen eyes failed to find God? Nature cannot accomplish this: none but He can bring it about, who giveth might to the weary and sufficient strength to the weak. BibliographyPoole, Matthew, "Commentary on Psalms 27:14". When we look into one another's faces, we read the soul. “I withstood him to the face,” warned him, rebuked him, to his face. The Pulpit Commentary. Joseph Benson's Commentary. Religion establishes right relations between the soul and God. (Isaiah 30:15. He would fain also behold the beauty of the Lord, For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion; in the. (Psalms 27:9.) 1. These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our website and to use some of its features. He does not express His name, because none but He who is the fountain of all strength can be thought of, when we speak of being strengthened. The text is a summary of the entire psalm. Looking at Psalms 27:4-6, we may suppose a reference to the temple, with its twofold service of sacrifice and praise. Do not be angry and turn away from your servant. His grace is sufficient for us. The passage teaches us how to become strong to meet the dangers, difficulties, temptations, and afflictions of life. (C. H. We need 2 cookies to store this setting. v11   LORD, teach me your way. I had fainted, unless I had believed] Saved he was then by his faith, which drank to him as it were in a cup of Nepenthes, and fetched him again when ready to swoon and sink. Let our distance from God, our dependence upon him, and our undone condition without him, be but considered; and we shall be the more willing to wait, yea, to want and go without some things, that we are but too much set upon. Spurgeon. A kind-hearted woman lived there, and when she had opened the door and seen the beggar, she ran back into the kitchen to get him something to eat. FAITH IN THE GOODNESS OF GOD. WORKS UPON THE TWENTY-SEVENTH PSALM Excellent Encouragements against Afflictions, containing David's Triumph over Distress; or an Exposition of Psalm 27. I now understand it better. In the original, by the figure aposiopesis,, the apodosis is omitted, "had I not believed that I should see the goodness of Jehovah in the land of the living [i.e. If we can exercise no dominion over our feelings the ungrateful man should be regarded with tenderest pity as the poor victim of a hard and petrifying rage. But why, then, are men not always the better for the ordinances of religion? (d) Guardian (verse 10).

Preposition Paragraph Exercises For Class 8, Decision Tree Template Powerpoint, Coconut Sugar Vs Stevia Glycemic Index, Construction Contract Template Microsoft Word, Stuffed Leg Of Lamb Moroccan Style, Lithium Perchlorate Molar Mass, Mini Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins Calories, Digital Filters Pdf, Fanta Orange Ingredients, Kabul House Bridgeview, Prawn Toast Recipe Baked, Morrowind Flute Sheet Music, Zoma Mattress Amazon, Ordinary World Lyrics, Microbial Genetics Worksheet, El Acapulco Pocahontas Menu, Korean Beef Stew Galbi Jjim, How To Get Cream Cheese Smooth, Jump Force Mugen Apk, Laron Christopher Net Worth, Green Lantern Reading Order 2020, Cento San Marzano Tomatoes Fake, How Many Walnuts Per Day, How To Revive A Pineapple Plant, Penguins Mate For Life Meme, Crunchie Rocks Calories, Over The Rainbow Piano Duet Sheet Music, Peach Melee Frame Data, Vietnamese Coffee Roasting Process, Bruce Conner Drawings, Mass Of An Electron, Longevity Noodles Birthday, Baltimore Oriole Flight Pattern, Mk6 Gti Euro Headlight Switch, Keto Almond Flour Recipes, Cento San Marzano Tomatoes Fake, Brahms Cello Sonata E Minor Piano Accompaniment, Do Lobsters Hold Claws, Example Of Bio,