Blog Detail

schmincke watercolor review

13 Nov 20
No Comments

(http://www.dickblick.com/products/old-holland-classic-artist-watercolors/), Thanks for your nice words! There are nice violets, greens and grays. For glazing purposes, it might not be that easy. When I went to the shop I found magenta but had to choose another blue and yellow, but they worked out just fine. Schmincke is a company from Germany that makes art supplies. Tube paint flows really well out of the tube. Lines and paragraphs break automatically. I like to paint dragons, fairies and other magical things, but if I didn’t, I suspect I would probably not bother getting any metallic paints, and certainly not a $90 set of them. Kindly link back to me when sharing. But seriously, it would be quite difficult for me to tell the difference between the Schmincke and Winston Newton 12 pan sets. It is a fairly slight difference and is by no means a deal-breaker, but it is noticeable, particularly in the phthalo colours and in Mauve and Purple Magenta, which just don’t seem as intense as normal. So sometimes, I do find that the colours inside pans from other manufacturers to be more difficult to extract because of the hardened pigment. Over all, Schmincke is an great watercolor paint, and has lovely colours that I like, they did their job well because when I mixed the colours I got exactly the shade I wanted. Schmincke is a company from Germany that makes art supplies. I've been alternating between this and Daniel Smith and Winsor and Newton. ( Log Out /  Basically, I felt like wasting money, and sparkly watercolours were a good excuse to do that. While they would be quite fun to use for crafting or scrapbooking projects, fine artists are unlikely to have much use for them unless you paint a lot of fantasy-themed art. Thanks for sharing, if I get the chance I will try “white nights aquarellfarben” I don’t think I can get them here in Norway. Most of the first watercolours I bought were tubes, but the first artist grade watercolour pan set I bought was a little metal tin with 12 Schmincke Horadam half pans. Submitted by Teoh Yi Chie on December 18, 2019 - 6:03pm. Alternatively, lay down the base colours in regular watercolours before applying the Pearl Metallic watercolours over the top. This is the Schmincke 12 half-pan box set that I've been using for the past few months. ( Log Out /  ( Log Out /  Allowed HTML tags: