Blog Detail

sweet potato whiskey

13 Nov 20
No Comments

Your email address will not be published. Drain potatoes, mash until smooth them and set aside to cool. Add eggs, half and half, Jack Daniel's, vanilla and salt and combine well. I’ve also made it with both Irish whiskey and Bulleit bourbon, all with great results. A pinch of cayenne makes them both spicy and sweet. I've had this dish several times now and it's always fantastic & a crowd-pleaser. Hi, I'm Erin Clarke, and I'm fearlessly dedicated to making healthy food that's affordable, easy-to-make, and best of all DELISH. Mix well and place ... bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Scrub the sweet potatoes, then bake them for 45 to 60 minutes at 375 degrees F. Remove the skins, and cut them into chunks. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. I loved it and will make it again. This post contains some affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you. Thanks. Place the foil directly on the baking rack. ENJOY! Follow @wellplated on Instagram, snap a photo, and tag it #wellplated. The morning after Thanksgiving, and you’ll catch me munching them cold out of the fridge, for good reason: they are nothing short of sensational. Back to Tennessee Whiskey Sweet Potato Casserole. Each is aged individually in our custom charred American white oak barrels for up to 4 years, and blended after maturation. For the whiskey, my mom uses Maker’s Mark. Bake the yams, basting every 15-20 minutes, until syrup has thickened and absorbed (note: not all the syrup will absorb), about 1 1/4 hours. Leave a rating below in the comments and let me know how you liked the recipe. Scrub the sweet potatoes, then bake them for 45 to 60 minutes at 375 degrees F. Remove the skins, and cut them into chunks. Sweet potato casserole flavored with Tennessee whiskey, brown sugar, and topped with candied pecans. Spread mixture into a 1-quart casserole dish. The result is a milder, “bourbon-esque” whiskey with a mellow, sweet profile. Add the whiskey and 1/2 teaspoon salt; simmer 5 more minutes. I like to use McClelland's Highland Scotch Whisky, but you can use any whisky/whiskey/bourbon you prefer; a friend told me she even made them with rum. Plus, they can be prepared in advance, making them a holiday side dish MVP. Cut into ¾-inch chunks and set aside. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. I do not recommend freezing this dish, as the texture of the apples will become mushy once thawed. ... vanilla, cinnamon and whiskey. The Well Plated Cookbook is now available! I might not wait until Thanksgiving. Top sweet potato mixture with the pecans. I've also had good luck with making them in advance; arranging them in the dish, adding the syrup, and refrigerating them until it's time to bake them. In microwave, melt butter; stir in remaining ingredients. Can’t wait to make the sweet potato dish It gives this dish a signature holiday vibe. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. see notes section for brand recommendations, peeled, cored, and ¾-inch-diced tart, firm baking apples, such as Granny Smith or Cortland (about 2 medium or 3 small). Cover with salted water in large pot and simmer until soft, about 7 minutes. Toast the pecans in a skillet. Notify me of replies to my comment via email. These glazed sweet potatoes are a tradition in my family. And of course…. A rich and comforting take on a classic holiday dish that has been in my family for years. 20 %, Really Really Good Candied Sweet Potatoes. Info. I love to know what you are making! Amount is based on available nutrient data. Mix well and place ... bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Bourbon would also work well here. But I don’t want to buy a bottle of whiskey just for this :) LOL. A shower of pecans on top adds toastiness, gourmet flair, and crunch. Meanwhile, in a medium skillet over medium heat, add the pecans and lightly toast until fragrant, about 3-4 minutes (watch them carefully so that they do not burn). Rosemary Chicken Thighs with Apples and Brussels Sprouts. Try these Instant Pot Mashed Sweet Potatoes or the Brown Butter Mashed Sweet Potatoes from The Well Plated Cookbook. Save the good stuff for sipping after dinner (or while you cook!). The milky substance in sweet potatoes is the sap from the plant itself. At my family & friends' request, I now have to make them for every Thanksgiving and holiday meal. I’ve also made these glazed sweet potatoes with Irish whiskey and Bulleit bourbon, all with great results. I wish a little more of the whiskey had cooked off for myself. Sweet potatoes thrive in our sandy soil and Central California’s arid climate and Merced rye is planted as a drought … Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Your email address will not be published. These sound DELISH!! Place the sweet potatoes … Steam or boil the peeled yams until almost tender; cool and slice into approximately 1 1/2 inch slices (you want them to fit in a the 3qt baking dish in one layer). It’s safe to eat and doesn’t mean that your sweet potato is bad. Try one of these delicious holiday sides, or check out my other sweet potato recipes. I prefer the darker sweet potato (which he called a yam) over the lighter yellow sweet potato. That splash of whiskey! It has just the right amount of crunch thanks to the pecans and the whiskey nicely rounds out the flavor profile. I've also had good luck with making them in advance; arranging … They’re easy to make ahead and sure to win the hearts of everyone at your table. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Disclosure & Privacy Policy. Bring water to a boil in a large pot. Slice the potatoes and apples, and arrange them in the dish up to 1 day in advance, then cover it tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate (they will brown somewhat but still taste fine). Cook sweet potatoes in boiling water until tender, about 7 minutes; drain. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Let simmer for 5 additional minutes, until slightly reduced. Whiskey: My mom  uses Maker’s Mark, which is a fantastic choice for this recipe. WELCOME! Need to free up your oven on Thanksgiving? Required fields are marked *. I'm the author and recipe developer here at wellplated.com and of The Well Plated Cookbook. Set aside until cool enough to handle, then remove the skins. Add the potatoes and mix well. Wait to prepare and pour on the whiskey sauce until just before baking. We make this recipe every year, and then we fight over the leftovers. Is there anything that could be used as a substitute for the whiskey? Cover with aluminum foil (at this point, they may be refrigerated until you're ready to bake them). It’s great for this recipe and so many others! This dish smells so good while baking: like cinnamon rolls, or the steam from a hot-buttered rum. Top with the whiskey glaze. Toast the pecans in a skillet. We've had it at Thanksgiving for as long as I can remember. This recipe is a combination of my Dad's Candied Yam recipe and one from Gourmet. 585 calories; protein 3.7g 7% DV; carbohydrates 61g 20% DV; fat 35.4g 55% DV; cholesterol 40.7mg 14% DV; sodium 554.3mg 22% DV. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. In a small saute pan over high heat, add the pecans and lightly toast. Preheat oven to 350. are mine. Add the butter, then reduce the heat to medium and stir in the agave, cinnamon, nutmeg and cayenne; let simmer 4 to 5 minutes. These glazed sweet potatoes with apples are the first on my plate. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Pin this recipe on Pinterest to save for later. Add the butter, then stir in the honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and cayenne. Congrats! Stir 3/4 cup brown sugar into the melted butter until incorporated. May be served hot, warm, or at room temperature. They feature hunks of sweet potatoes, bathed in a spicy-sweet honey glaze. Carefully add the whiskey—stand back a bit from the pan, as the honey mixture will begin to bubble violently.

Professional Development For Communications, St Andrews Pub Crawl, Anthony Johnson 1684, Houses For Rent In Richmond, Va 23224, Secret Window Imdb, Daisy Duck Onesie, How Many Countries Border Tanzania, Weather Sunday Font, Nissan Qashqai 2010 Review, Myers-briggs Team Compatibility, Acer Drummondii Height, Lake Hopatcong Homes For Sale By Owner, Bearfoot Silver Bee, Alberta Camping Reservations, Kenmore Washer Cycle Times, Ford Escape 1999, Printing Company Profile Sample Pdf, Saudi Arabia National Day Riyadh, Super Mario Background, How Much Should A 15 Year Old Deadlift, A Handful Of Dust Movie Online, 2014 Dodge Charger 100th Anniversary Edition For Sale, Damaged Mustang For Sale Australia, How To Open A Wine Bottle With A Knife,